Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Life Changing Opportunities... Is this your will, God?

Have you ever been faced with an opportunity you were  unsure about pursuing?

I find myself in one of those situations. I find myself in the tension of the known/familiar and the possibility of what could be. I really want to pursue the opportunity, yet it involves some new and terrifying experiences for my wife, making it harder to fully make the decision. This has become one of those times when I wish God would just make it abundantly clear what He desires of us.

The call of God can be one of the hardest things to discern in life. Many people have acted according to what they assumed was God's will, only to realize later they acted on their own ambition and desire rather than God's direction. At this point, that is what I'm trying to avoid. This opportunity is a great one, but are we the right people to take the opportunity?

I wish I could be more specific, and the time will come when I can, but for now it must be left in this vague description. Mindy and I would appreciate your prayers as we listen for the voice of God and His clear direction for us as we seek to be faithful to His call.

No comments:

Post a Comment